Here is the list of themes agreed by the organizing committee.
- Analytical advances
- Experimental and theoretical approaches
- Applied Mineralogy, including but not limited to
a. CO2 capture and storage
b. Primary ore deposits
c. Critical metals
d. Energy capture and storage
e. Recycling and the circular economy
- Archaeometry and cultural heritage
- Environmental Mineralogy and low-temperature geochemistry
- Geomicrobiology and biomineralogy
- Magmatism and igneous geochemistry
- Mantle mineralogy (petrology, geochemistry and mineral physics)
- Mineralogical Crystallography
- Planetary minerals and evolution with time
- Education and outreach
Session offers should be uploaded here. Deadline is 31st March 2023.
Individuals are asked to provide a title for their proposed session which should fall within one of these themes, a brief explanatory abstract and to propose some co-convenors. Session chairs must be prepared to attend the conference in person to lead the session, but co-convenors can attend remotely (our conference will be fully hybrid). You are encouraged to build strong organizing teams and to keep in mind balance in terms of gender, career experience (we are keen to include early career scientists as convenors), geography, etc. One of the key roles for session convenors is to encourage attendance from amongst their peers. Colleagues from low- and middle-income countries (www.research4life.org) will be allowed to attend the conference remotely, free of charge, so do keep them in mind.
The deadline for submission of sessions is 31st March 2023. The scientific committee will meet shortly after that to decide on the final list of sessions for the conference.